Other Types of Work Visas

Visa Solutions Australia
Australian Migration Agents

Temporary Work Visa – Short Stay Specialist (subclass 400)

This work visa is typically used by Australian employers who require specialist personnel onshore for short periods of time, where the skills are not readily available in the Australian labour market.

You can apply for up to 6 months at a time, but your application will need to be heavily supported by an Australian business and the situation requiring specialist personnel to be of benefit to the Australian business or the economy.

Typically used for high level occupations such as managers, professionals, and trades workers.

Temporary Activity Work Visa (subclass 408)

The temporary activity work visa covers many different areas and industries including religious work, research activities, sporting activities, and entertainment.

Common uses of this visa include people working in film, television, or live productions to enable to them to work in Australia, Superyacht crew, or those participating in high-level sport who are involved with an Australian organisation.

It requires sponsorship from either an Australian business or the Australian government, but the government will only sponsor specific events. The business must hold the required sponsorship.

Global Talent

Available both to individuals independently, and to those with an Australian business looking to sponsor them, the Global Talent program is designed to bring talented individuals who have high-level skills and ideas within targeted industries to drive innovation and creation of local jobs.

To qualify for this work visa, you must have proven skills and experience within specific industries and be able to attract a salary that meets the high-income threshold. These people are generally highly regarded professionals, senior executives, or exceptional individuals.

Businesses can also sponsor individuals through this scheme, and it enables them to access roles which may not be featured on the occupation lists allowing for a high degree of flexibility.

Seasonal Work – PALM Scheme​

Workers from specific countries may be eligible to participate in the Pacific Australia Labour Mobility Scheme.

This enables Australian businesses to access overseas labour from specific Pacific Island countries to fill shortages in certain industries, including those which are heavily seasonal.

The Australian business must hold the correct sponsorship and be approved by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade to participate in this scheme.

Workers must be employers on a short-term basis for seasonal work, or on a long-term basis for non-seasonal work.

If you think any of the above work visas may be suitable for you, please get in touch. One of our registered migration agents will be more than happy to provide advice and guidance to get you the right visa to work in Australia.

Australian Migration Agent



australian visas

Australian Bushfires: How Will They Affect Migration?

All of Australia and much of the world is focused on the devastating bushfires that are currently ripping through our country. While the immediate goal is getting these fires under control and ultimately extinguishing them, thoughts at some point will turn to what happens after the fires.

Read More

Just Landed: The Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (Provisional) Visa

This new visa is available to migrants and their dependent family members who want to live and work in designated regional areas of Australia for 5 years. As is the case with regional visas, the introduction of the subclass 494 visa aims to help fill the tens of thousands of job vacancies in regional Australia as well as ease congestion in major Australian cities. This visa allows the holder and their family to transition to permanent residence after three years of working, living or studying in an Australian regional area.

Read More