Visitor and Holiday Visas

Visa Solutions Australia
Australian Migration Agents

The Visitor and Holiday Visa​

Travelling to visit Australia is a dream for many people around the globe. There is such a wide range of climates, activities, and cultures throughout Australia, people generally travel to Australia many times in their lives to take in as much of the Australian beauty as they can.

Whether you are passing through or staying for a while, when you come to Australia, you must have a valid visa before you can enter Australia.

The Australian Government provides short-term visitor visas to people wanting to travel to Australia on a holiday, to visit friends and family, receive medical treatment or on business.


Although Australian Immigration services welcome tourists to our shores, there are important things you should know before applying for a visitor visa.

New Zealand passport holders can apply for their visa upon arrival in the country, but all other passport holders must hold a valid visa before arriving in Australia.

Visitor Visas

If you are planning on visiting Australia for a holiday, sightseeing, social or recreational reasons, to visit relatives and friends, or for a short-term, non-working stay, you will need to apply for an Australian visitor visa. There are several streams within the category of visitor visas available for people wishing to visit Australia, including tourist, family sponsored, and business visitor.

Sometimes deciding which visitor visa is most suitable to your situation can be difficult, it’s best to talk to a Registered Migration Agent to determine which pathway is best.

This temporary visa allows people to stay in Australia for up to three, six or twelve months. Applicants can in most situations apply from both inside and outside of Australia, but it depends on the stream you apply for.

eVisitor and ETAs

Certain passport holders may be eligible for an eVisitor or Electronic Travel Authority. These are fast-tracked tourist visas available to those countries which Australia holds an agreement with. They are generally suitable for short stays and tourism.

Working Holidays

Some countries have a close relationship with Australia, and take part in programs that encourage cultural exchange by allowing young people to have an extended holiday supplemented by short-term employment.

These types of visas are generally available up until 30 years old, and only for those passport holders of countries that Australia has a WH program with.

For more information on the Working Holiday and Work and Holiday programs, and on working in Australia, please go to the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs and download a fact sheet.

Australian Migration Agent



australian visas

Australian Bushfires: How Will They Affect Migration?

All of Australia and much of the world is focused on the devastating bushfires that are currently ripping through our country. While the immediate goal is getting these fires under control and ultimately extinguishing them, thoughts at some point will turn to what happens after the fires.

Read More
Holiday VISA

The Tourist Visa and Sponsored Family Visa – An In-Depth View

Anyone wishing to visit family and friends or holiday in Australia will require either a Tourist Visa or a Sponsored Family Visa. These are temporary visas which allow holders to stay in Australia for three, six or twelve months. The length of stay granted is determined on a case-by-case basis and is specified on the visa grant letter.

Read More