When did you know what you wanted to achieve in life? Perhaps, you've always had a burning ambition to follow a specific profession, but for Dan Engles, the Managing Director of Visa Solutions Australia, he knew that he wanted to help others.
"I went into the migration industry as I wanted to change peoples' lives for the better. There is nothing more rewarding than seeing someone see their dreams and aspirations come true when they secure a visa to settle here in Australia," he explained.
Migration faces time of great change
Now after many years' experience working in the migration industry he's put his name forward for State President of the Migration Institute of Western Australia (MIA). The MIA comprises of registered migration agents and migration lawyers and supports its members in any way it can, especially providing up to date information on legislative changes.
"The migration industry is going through a time of great change. The Migration Institute of Australia (MIA) is the peak body for migration advice and encompasses hundreds of members. This is a time when we need our voices to be heard, there is no time for apathy," outlined Mr Engles.
"The WA economy is still flat, there's been one of the largest migration shake-ups the state has ever seen with skilled visas, and it's becoming much harder for individuals to achieve permanent residency. There are also changes planned for formal migration registration."
The right man for the job
Dan Engles is a migrant himself, and an experienced speaker and well established within Perth and the wider WA business community. He has worked within the industry for fifteen years, and has set up and established several migration companies including Visa Solutions Australia and one affiliated with the WA Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Mr Engles has a full understanding of the mechanisms of government strategy, and policy making procedures, and was a senior economist at the Australian Federal Government.
"I have a broad knowledge in business, economics, finance and accountancy and I have completed a successful initial public offering to list on the Australian Stock Exchange, I am really entering into this race for Presidency with a view to radically improve things," he added.
Mr Engles said that if elected he would:
- Ensure members' opinions are heard when liaising with stakeholders such as the Federal and State Governments, the Department of Immigration and Border Protection and Skills assessing authorities.
- Strive to serve the best interests of members to improve communication with each other as well as outside bodies and organisations.
- Improve the reputation of the industry within the media and press to match the level of professionalism evident in other industries.
- Advocate for clients to have genuine input into a migration policy which is fair to applicants and provides for the best interests of Australia with the minimum bureaucracy.
- Ensure members' interests are encourage whether they are in the commercial or not-for-profit sector.
Voting takes place until close of business on Friday 20th October 2017. If you require migration advice, then call Dan Engles or one of his experienced team at Visa Solutions Australia