When it comes to choosing a migration agent, there are many out there, so how do you choose the right one? There are many factors to take into account when choosing a migration agent to suit your needs. Here are some of the more important factors to consider.
It’s important that your migration agent is registered with the Migration Agents Registration Authority (MARA). Part of the Department of Immigration and Border Patrol, MARA’s job is to regulate Australian migration agents.
The Office of Migrations Agents Registration Authority ensures that registered migration agents:
- Meet qualification requirements for registration. This includes having a thorough knowledge of Australian migration law and procedures
- Maintain the knowledge and skills needed to provide accurate and timely advice to their clients
- Complete ongoing professional training to be able to re-register as a migration agent each year
- Be of good character and understand their obligations to their clients
- Abide by the migration agents Code of Conduct
While it’s important that you use a migration agent that is qualified and experienced in migration matters, you should also consider whether they are the right agent for your circumstances. Ensure they have experience in dealing with the type of visa you are applying for.
Also, consider if you require a migration agent that is also a lawyer. Legally qualified migration agents can assist with cases that require applying to a court for review of an unfavourable decision on your visa.
The main goal of applying for a visa application is to have the visa granted. Find a migration agent that has a track record of lodging successful applications. While a migration can’t guarantee the success of your application, they can give you an indication of their success on past cases similar to your own.
Reviews and Referrals
When researching migration agents, read reviews from their past clients. Reviews are a valuable tool when it comes to choosing an agent as these are real people’s opinions and experiences of their dealings with a migration agent. If someone has had a bad experience with a particular agent, chances are you will read about it!
Alternatively, if you know someone who has enlisted the help of a migration agent and was happy with the service they received and the outcome then by all means talk to that migration agent.
The team at Visa Solutions Australia are happy to assist you with all your migration needs. Contact Visa Solutions on 1800 828 008.
While Australian borders are currently closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic, travel exemptions may apply under the following circumstances:
- A traveller has a compassionate or compelling reason to visit Australia
- Overseas workers holding a Subclass 482 or 400 visa are required to undertake a job in Australia that cannot be filled by a local employee
Visa Solutions Australia has been successful in acquiring a broad range of exemptions, from critical workers to those needing to travel on compassionate grounds.